The PCHLUG 101 Challenge is back! And this time we’re going Hollywood!
The premise is simple, build to the theme with a limit of 101 pieces. Sounds simple enough huh? Well, you’ll be surprised how quickly you go through those pieces. Why 101? US Highway 101 makes up a large part of the Pacific Coast Highway (aren’t we clever?).
The challenge will run for for the month of July. Entry is simple, just visit the official Flickr link and add a photo of your creation to the group. The theme this month is Summer Blockbuster. From comic book heroes to giant fighting robots and from side-splitting comedies to battling wizards. It doesn’t have to be from this summer (actually, it doesn’t have to be from any summer) just make sure it’s from a big movie!
Prizes will be trophies custom built by members of PCHLUG. There will be a first, second and third place awarded. Winners can also expect a few other surprises with their trophies.
- Contest runs 12:00 am PST on the first day of July 2011, ending at 11:59 pm PST on the last day.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Please submit no more than two photos of your MOC (a single photo is preferred).
- No age restrictions (but if you’re under 18, ask your parents).
- No virtual building (LCAD, LDD), if you want to enter, get out your bricks.
- 101 pieces is the maximum, there is no minimum.
- We count pieces like LEGO counts pieces, for instance an upper torso with arms and hands is one piece. However, if you remove hands and use them, they become individual pieces.
- There are no scale or size restrictions, build as big or small as you want.
- No previously posted MOCs, only creations specifically built for the contest are allowed.
- Entries will be judged by members of PCHLUG.
- Members of PCHLUG may contribute, but may not win.
- Only residents of the continental US are eligible to win (sorry, shipping LEGO internationally is expensive).
- Only unmodified LEGO brand elements may be used (tubing and string may be cut).
- Submissions are to be added to the official Flickr group for consideration.
- Discussions will be a separate Flickr group.
- Obviously it will be impossible for us to truly count all the pieces of your submission, it is going to be based on faith. We’re trusting you to be honest in your count.
- Winners will be posted on the PCHLUG website as well as Flickr.
*Rules are subject to modification
If you have any questions or comments about the challenge please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want an image to promote this contest, please use the banner above.